SCJR Forum
October 18, 2018, 01:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride Reports  (Read 16261 times)
cobia1742
Administrator

Email
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »

Just a reminder for all club members (especially Facebook users)...always post a ride report on the club forum.
This is a handy record to go back and review old rides. But more importantly, it shows the outside world that
we are active. When I bought my ski I researched the internet on the various clubs around central FL. I came up with:

1) Orlando Watercraft Riders

2) Tampa Bay Jetski Club

3) Space Coast Jet Riders

4) Greenhulk

5) I did not see anything on Jetski Junkies or other clubs
at that time on the internet (that I remember...I also was not a member of Facebook).

Tampa and Greenhulk seemed too far away to ride with regularly, and Space Coast Jet Riders did not appear to ride
much (there was nothing current on the forum). So...I opted to join OWR (I joined SCJR a year or two later).

Showing people that we are active is what brings in new members. Facebook is a handy tool, but it does not give
you the history as clear as the forum. So...always post something on the forum for every ride. You don't need to
write a book, just a brief summary of the plan and a brief follow up so we can learn what was good and bad from
that trip. It can be just a couple of sentences. Include the number of folks that went and how many miles you
travelled. If you had a good time...say that too.

As members come and go you always need to be promoting new members to keep the club strong. Passing out the
business cards to jetskiers you meet is also a great way to bring in new members.
Bill
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:51:38 AM by cobia1742 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: